Re: Derivation of Gunzel

>Thought that the North American term was "foamer", in UK aren't they known
>as "anoraks".
>
>Regards
>
>David Bennetts

You're absolutely correct, David.  "Foamer" is indeed the term used for
overly-enthusiatic railfans here in the U.S.  However, I believe that the
foamer term is used more commonly to describe a railfan who enjoys showing off
his technical knowledge (right or wrong) rather than someone who does something
unsafe around the railroad.  All in all, I'd have to say that the vast majority
of railfans are courteous, respectful and safe, but it's the 1% - 2% that do
stupid things that spoil it for the rest.

Bill Brueckmann