Re: Derivation of Gunzel

Thanks for posting the information on the derivation of the gunzel term.  When
I was in Australia last October for the Paralympics, I heard the term for the
first time and had a hard time figuring out what it meant.

We have the same sort of idiots here in the U.S.  No special term for them
except to lump the idiots in with all railfans.  I've seen idiots climb to the
top of boxcars to get pictures not knowing that they are close to the 10,000
volt overhead catenary wire.  And I've seen idiots standing with their feet in
the middle of remote-controlled power switches not knowing their foot could be
crushed by a flick of a switch of a dispatcher 700 miles away.

Bill Brueckmann
Summerfield, North Carolina