Re: Boom gates for level crossing tragedy spot

I do believe personally that level crossing is safe enough for  non idiot law
abiding people who respect trains. I agreed no matter what you spend, someone
will get around and  " be hit by a train".

But the level crossing ( rightly or wrongly) is not safe enough for the public,
in the public's eye. And I see where most people are comming from (here on
aus.rail). People have died, it is up to the living to stop it happening again
somehow. As long as it is not the railway to pay or work out that is my worry,
why should they have to fork out more money for the
roads.

Enough drival talk, back to listening to other.
David Head

Marc Hunt wrote:

> Here we go with another left wing, bleeding heart, tree hugging, hippie
> piece of crap spending thousands of the public money because 5 dickheads
> decided to ignore all the rules and kill themselves. There are just so many
> examples of this knee jerk crap, Port Arthur, Seat Belts, 50kmph streets,
> it's just getting totally unbelieveable.
> Everyone wants absolute total freedom to anything they want no matter how
> stupid it is, band then when it goes wrong the first thing they shout is
> "I'm not responsible, why did society let me do it ?" .
> Total freedom with no responsibility.
> Think about it
> Flame away
> Marc Hunt
>
> PS.
> My diatribe is not directed at you personally David, just the events.

I know what you mean Marc.