y not?

"Rod [comtrain]" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
3a828453$0$16374$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a828453$0$16374$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> obviously Greg a moron would know...eh?
> by the way, I have a military trunk overfilled with Classroom notes,
> manuals, safeworking exams, appendixes, Diesel guides, Help manuals etc
etc.
> You are welcome to come and peruse them any time,

what for?  i have studied as much if not more
ie .. i had to sit an 8 hr written signalling exam with an 80% pass mark as
one of my tests, a secondfailure in this exam meant end of employment.. what
were your exams .. lengths and pass marks?

although I doubt that a
> moron would get much value out of any of this stuff! Then probably that is
> what is wrong with Sydney's Electric Train System at this time...they want
> to relax the job classification so that wages of $75000 can be 'moronised'
> back to a comfortable $35000 or so. Guess what would happen to your trains
> then?

a  driver paid 35 would be capable of doing the same job as a driver paid 75
.. explain why he would not be?

> In Melbourne we got rid of guards pretty quickly.

Happened many years ago in my country... your point?

 Guards were offered spots
> in classes to learn how to drive trains and much to the Drivers disgust

ahh so its all about hurt feelings when drivers realised they were not brain
surgeons and infact any one could be employed as a train driver......

were
> offered reduced classes, taking account of their experience[?].
> My figures are a little bit flaky, but essentially very few guards
actually
> took up the option, most left the job, or remained in the traffic sector
as
> Signalmen, shunters and even gangers.

no doubt put off by the up themselves pompous attitudes of drivers such as
yourself?

> Of those that sat the entrance exams, less than 5% went on to Drive.

rofl what losers .. i was a "ticket collector" before sitting my second
class the first class loco engineers tickets
exam results all in the high 90 % s  .. your point is?