Re: [OT] Coach (eek) travel times

ok.
Mccaffertys:  (taken from website)
Depart Longreach mid morning (it doesn't have it on their webpage
timetable!)   my guess approx 11.00am (thu)
Arrive Mt Isa 7pm.  Change buses   (thu)
Depart Mt Isa 7.45pm, arrive Tennant creek 2.50am change buses (fri)
Depart Tennant Creek 11.20pm (fri)
Arrive Alice Springs 5.15am (sat)

Greyhound: has a nice notice saying "Due to current circumstances our
timetables are not available from this site."
Sounds like the greyhound i've come to know - nothing seems to work.....

On the whole, getting off at Longreach on a Wednesday night, travelling by
road, and being in Alice Springs less than 48 hours later, would seem a tad
optimistic, imho....

Would be quicker to get Flight West from Longreach, then one of the major
carriers from Brisbane to Alice.... got lots of money? :-)

--
John McCandless
Cloncurry Qld Au

z27h6.335195$IP1.11224948@news1.giganews.com">news:z27h6.335195$IP1.11224948@news1.giganews.com...