Re: Aussie railway slang

David,

A peg can also be the token for the section on single line(Ordinary Train
Staff or Electric Staff).

There are heaps of telegraph codes such as the following:

Eden- Total Tonneage despatched since 6am
Edna- Total Tonneage on hand at 6am
Onag- Tonneage in Transit
Fori- To do with tonneage that is delayed for 24hrs or more
Agad-Total No: of freight & mixed trains that were assisted up
Wolo-To do with heat affecting the running line
RovaMech-Special authorisation fo running trains with special loads etc.
Cuta-Attaching wagons enroute

The list goes on if you can find copies of the old General and  Local
Appendices you will find these codes throughout various sections.

Hope some of this is of help

BEE EFF