Re: Blowing the Horn

Vaughan Williams <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote in article
<95ucbq$p05$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>I live about 10m from Westgarth station... I was used to the noise
>within a week, even with the windows open... the ding ding ding has
>only bothered me when one night at 3 the gates were locked down and it
>took them 2 hours to come and do anything with it. WHy the cops
>couldn't unplug the bells and just let the lights and gates suffice I
>don't know.

Police have no access afaik. Quite rightly so. The gates may have been down
for a reason (e.g. a works train of some sort in the section). If the
crossing was in fact faulty, a fitter would have been sent out to rectify
it.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME