Re: Definition of a Railway (Was Port Elliot)

>From Encyclopaedia Britannica:
--==QUOTE==--
railroad

  mode of land transportation in which flange-wheeled vehicles move over
two parallel
  steel rails, or tracks, either by self-propulsion or by the propulsion
of a
  locomotive.
--==UNQUOTE==--

>From that, (and I'm using railWAY and railROAD interchangeably), the
following probably rate:
1,2,5,6,7,9,14.
13 and 15 may qualify, depending on the type of wheels, although I would
tend to think a roller-coaster would have several sets of unflanged
wheels around a round "rail".

Even from the above, I guess Sandridge still comes in as 1st. (And this
from an ex-pat South Oz).

That should set the cat among the pigeons even more!

Cheers.
--
Peter Homann
Steam Fireman, Pichi Richi Railway