Re: Napthine badgers govt for rail standardisation

In article <3a7f0071$0$16378$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Rod [comtrain]" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Guess someone is promising him lots of "shares" if he can get the
track
> standardised. Maybe he thinks Bracks is getting the "payola" and he
wants
> some as well!

Well, after the SG project competitor would enter Victoria easier then
ever. But without SG project Napthine would accuse Bracks ignore
regional developments. From what I see it's a no win situation:-(

Without SG project there's nothing stops GNR or West Coast railway or
even preservation groups to bid for BG freight traffic.(ie LVR=LVRF)

IMHO if State government offer some grant/subsidy to FA so FA have
advantage over other competitors might be a good idea at the same time
the subsidy would be a way of thanking FA's contribution to the State.
Of course this won't be fair for other operators and would cause tragic
like Austrac this would be the only way FA can stay running with
minimum competitors in this state.

Maybe it's time to rethink this railway open access thing.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

remove <dot> to email