Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

in article 3A7AB667.69FF7742@ozemail.com.au, James Brook at
ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au wrote on 2/2/01 6:30 AM:

> I thought the frame had stress fractures in it that were originally
> caused by a derailment on the western line and this is why it was taken
> out of service. Am I completely on the wrong track here?

I'm pretty sure that X35's condition was caused by a collision at Tottenham
(or was it Dynon) Anyhow, remember that X35 was also involved in the
crash/rollover at Glenorchy many years ago. A fitter at Newport once told me
that it was really tough to align the generator to the engine on X35 because
of its bent frame.

Mark