Re: (Vic) K191 - steam

In article <Q1ne6.25$bi2.5044@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Stuart Thyer (s.thyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au) wrote:
> > Initially it seemed no-one wanted it except for the local scrapper.
It was
> > fairly close to being scrapped but I guess if it's on a truck in
one piece
> > then it's been saved. It hasn't gone to Steamrail, that's all I
know.

> Didn't SRHC get another K from somewhere else? They might be after a
> second one for bits.
>
> Cheers
> David

I would have thought they would have been too pre-occupied with gauge
converting J 512 to standard gauge to even think about looking at other
locomotives.  Then again, I could be wrong.

How hard would it be for them to GC a K class (with their large intrest
in SG)?

Adam

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/