Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

Just for those who are confused there are two separate offences relating to
REFUSE TO GIVE and FAIL TO GIVE CORRECT NAME & ADDRESS.

Offence Code: 3123 Fail to give correct name and address.($100 Penalty)
Offence Code: 3124 Refuse to give name and address.
($100 Penalty)

Once again RPO's no longer exist. Whilst the role is still there it is now
serviced by the CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYEE.(CSE)
They usually work in groups of four.
If it was a team of three chances are it could have even been the TRANSIT
SAFETY DIVISION of the VICTORIA POLICE.
They used to work 3 up but now usually only 2 up. Depending on the role they
are carrying out.
The CSE's go out in plain clothes at times if we've had problems of major
concern somewhere.
I don't think they (the powers that be) like the idea of us going out in
plain clothes as they want the public to know we are there.
It can be frustrating.

As for Mr Marsh's comment on a company having staff that can handle things
diplomaticly and without any scenes being created.
Well if you break it all down and have a close look it really is all types
of society that travel on a public metro system compared to the bulk of
those that use rail to go interstate etc.
So it is possible to solve issues alot easier in that enviroment.
Down here you are dealing with alot more levels of society.
No I am not being biggoted - it is a fact that society has differing levels.
If you watch us operate you will note that the majority of us do not go in
with the attitude of a gung ho rambo is my hero attitude.
We approach, request for people to refrain or produce in a voice that maybe
required to be heard.
All companies will have great employees and some not so great. I bet at your
work there are some people who all do the same job but some are better at
it!?!?!?