Re: [Melb] Box Hill tram extension

> Yes, the exciting shiny new trams with fewer seats than the ones they
replace

The A-class that run the existing Mont Albert service have 42 seats. The new
Citadis trams will have 40 seats plus 2 wheelchair spaces.

Admittedly they are 7 metres longer, but so what. Assuming that they run the
same number of trams, the number of seats per hour doesn't change, and there
is heaps more standing room.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex @ bigfoot com)