Re: XPT derailment north of Albury

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a76af94$0$16384$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a76af94$0$16384$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
> Xtwd6.93254$xW4.714586@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Xtwd6.93254$xW4.714586@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> | What if there are signs advertising the camera presence? So you know
you'll
> | either end up fined or dead? Would that get the message through?
>
> Probably not, they have signs now at red-light cameras and people still go
> through them.

I've done that myself. Well, let's just say it was orange :-)

Of course, people may behave differently at a red-light camera on a
crossing, compared to an intersection. I suspect many red-light runners at
intersections do like I did that one time, zooming through just after it's
gone red. On a level crossing, that wouldn't be fatal. Stupid yes, but not
fatal. It's the people zooming through (x) seconds after the lights start
flashing, when the train is there, who most need to be stopped.

> Do you realise you had a 5kb post for a 2 line reply? A bit of editing
goes
> a long way.

I didn't realise, no. I'm normally more careful; I must have had a long day.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au