Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

> I would have to disagree. As someone who has used public transport in
> various parts of the world, the ticketing and purchasing system is
better
> than most. I agree that it could and should be improved.

Actually, I agree here.

The systems I tried in North America were if anything slightly less
convenient to buy tickets on than ours. The difference is that they are
well staffed and set up to make fare evasion almost impossible (or at
least you have to go to a lot of trouble). The difficulty in buying
tickets was offset by the fact that mostly theres a single fare zone
and staff, not machines, handle the sales.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/