Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

> Just as an exercise, I took a couple of umpiring friends out for the
day - one from Sydney, one from Auckland, and one from New York - and I
let them try and figure out the ticket we needed to get to Puffing
Billy from North Melbourne - I gave them a brochure detailing the fare
system, and they were able to do so, without any assistance from me. So
it is not as hard as people make it out to be.

The Zone system isn't that hard (though it was easier when the old tram
maps were on the trams) and is getting harder as maps are replaced with
single operator ones.

The section system is however a closely guarded secret (I'd actually
abolish the Short Trip and Rail +2 tickets and reduce the 2 hour in
price to compensate).

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/