Re: Wheaton Metro Escalator; 2nd Longest Anywhere?

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Bill Bolton wrote:
>
> > The Sydney now has 14 underground stations, spread across 4 separate
> > "routes", reaching up to 10 kms from the CBD,
>
> 1 Redfern
> 2 Central
> 3 Town Hall
> 4 Martin Place
> 5 Kings Cross
> 6 Edgecliff
> 7 Bondi Junction
> 8 Museum
> 9 St James
> 10 Wynyard
> 11 Green Square
> 12 Mascot
> 13 Domestic
> 14 International
>
> Should you count Circular Quay or North Sydney?

I left of Wolli Creek from the airport line, so it should be 15.

North Sydney is marginal as it is primarily an above ground station at
the end of a set of tunnels, which has effectively be "enclosed" by
air rights developments.  Circular Quay is the sole Sydney example of
an "elevated" station.

Cheers,

Bill