Re: Getting to Melbourne Airport (Was: New Ticket available)

"Ben" <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3a53254d@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3a53254d@news.alphalink.com.au...
> I've done that, its a pig of a place to get get to. This my experience of
> getting to Tulla' on a metcard, sorry if I crap on a tad and get a bit off
> topic.

As mentioned in another post, the *theory* is you can do it in about an
hour, via Essendon or (weekdays only) Broadmeadows stations.

See http://www.custard.net.au/melbtrans/airport.asp

> The next time I tried I had a free afternoon from Uni. so I decided to try
> again. This time I consulted no timetables and just left it to chance. So
> made my way to Spencer St and boarded the next train for Sunbury.
>
>  When I arrived at Sunbury station there was a bus waiting that was going
> Moonee Ponds Junction, so I asked the driver if it went through the
airport,

That's probably exceedingly good luck, as those buses don't run very often -
something like 5 times per weekday, and once a day on weekends.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au