Re: Wolo Conditions

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 02:45:32 GMT, mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly)
wrote:

Gday maurie

>Whilst this subject has been addressed before , Im interested in
>exactly what criteria have to apply for this warning to be given and
>also on why its issued in some places and not others.

I can only talk about the North Coast but up here the Wolo conditions
are put on by a computer linked to senors along the track. as for the
settings for when a wolo is ordered I am not sure what temp is
required

You will not get Wolo restriction where concrete sleepers and heavy
rail are laid. so on the coast Telarah - Dungog and Wauchope -
Kempsey are immune from Wolo restrictions. Also Bundook to Bulliac is
exempt.

The Section Dungog - Craven is interesting due to the fact that Wolo
is more often than not applied in this section. As of about a week ago
the speed for freight trains in this section have been lowered because
of excess track movement. This section was to be concreted in Feb
March but this has been put back till later in the year. In late jan
or early Feb, concreteing will begin between Taree and Wauchope. This
work will be done at night between the 2 Xpts No1 and No4

Hope this helps

Cheers
Jack