Re: T/G Sets

A T Set coupled to a G Set is probably a common site if it were a
surburban area. But I would assume an all out 8 Car G-SET if it were
operating from the Intercity Areas of the Network.

(Note of one of my messages, "North Shore Line G-SETS's")
---
I would be interested in seeing a 2GT with a 3GT but I would probably
have a total incorrect guess of a requirement of, a special coupler?
---

I have been interested in seeing an electric train set in an odd number
of cars but unfortunately I don't think that's possible.
But a set over 8 cars I would say probably yes.

(I'm just wondering, did the former electronic indicators at stations
in Sydney have the:
"10 Cars" dot?
Or was that somewhere else?)

Anyway hope this helps, I'm sure more will come out.

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

In article <92uuhe$1tm$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>,
  "Glen O'Riley" <glen.orileyDES@PAMlinx.iwarp.com> wrote:
> 12:05 westbound from Parramatta, had black destination plates, didn't
get
> the numbers, the leading 4 were G sets and the trailing 4 were T
sets. Is
> this a common occurance? I can only presume that they did it because
they
> ran out of 4 of either or the other type. Also, how compatible is the
> connectivity between the older 2gt and the newer 3gt for essentials
like
> power and air? can they be run together? And a big question to top it
all
> off, will the newer 4gt be interconnectable with the 2gt and 3gt? It
would
> be interesting to see a 16car train, 4 cars of each generation to get
> photo.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/