Re: [NSW] A couple of CityRail questions.

"David Bradshaw" <davidbradshaw@my-deja.com> wrote in message
92v3u0$ri4$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:92v3u0$ri4$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a couple of questions for the group.. I realise that I ask quite
> a few questions, but I am the curious type ;-) .
>
> 1) A city circle station(s), I have noticed that some signals have a
> blue light on the top. What does this blue light indicate?

Is it an "A" Light?, if so it is a semi-automatic signal

> 2) Over the Harbour Bridge, and in the city circle tunnels, I have
> noticed orange/yellow vertical strips of LED lights on the backs of
> signals (or at least on the backs of signals when on the bridge. What
> is the significance of these?

Sounds like perway lights

> 3) When travelling along the western lines towards the city, between
> Macdonaldtown and Redfern I have noticed small buildings
> over 'culverts', on the left. The base of these buildings are at about
> the level of the tracks I was on, and appeared to sit over a lower set
> of tracks. Anyone know what these building are?

Probably signal huts and the "culvert" sounds like the old subway for
employess linking the railway workshops and "ACDEP".

Regards Mr Smith.