Re: SLR pictures for December

In article <930n78$80l$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au>,
  matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au (Matthew Geier) wrote:

http://www.sleeper.apana.org.au/railway/slr/images/Operations/2000_12_De
cember/

>  A few shots taken at Jubilee Park station in late December, and a
few taken
> in the City on NYE.
>
>  No changes have been made to the advertising lineup since Feburary!.

When I last travelled on the SLR (W'worth Pk to Central), the journey
seemed rather slow, with the trams crawling thru Haymarket and never
seeming to pick up much speed, in contrast to Melbourne trams which
barrel along at least as fast as the road traffic where they can.

But that was before the extension thru Glebe opened.  Do the drivers go
for it along the viaduct and thru the tunnel?  What speeds to they get
up to?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/