Re: [NSW] A couple of CityRail questions.

In article <978695748.454070@ns2.1earth.net>,
  "John Garaty" <jkgaraty@1earth.net> wrote:
> Greetings All,
> , I think Dave Bradshaw meant the small brick buildings over the
south end
> the Up Illawarra Dive leading to Redfern Station Platform 1. Yes, I'm
> curious too- Anything to do with signalling equipment, air
compressors or
> similar? I travel under this building each workday
> Regards John Garaty - South Coast commuter

It's the Sectioning Hut for the Overhead Catenary. As an electrical
apprentice with State Rail many years ago (before I became a Signal
Engineer), I had to attend that hut and do some routine maintenance. I
tell ya, the walk from the sheds across the tracks to the hut was the
scariest thing I've ever done. Even scarier than dusting the cobwebs
off the 1500v DC busbars with a feather duster just as a train decides
to gun it up the hill and trips the breaker right next to your ear.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

> Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> 3a534245$0$17102$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a534245$0$17102$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> >
> > "Dave Proctor"
> > > "Tezza"

> about
> set

> > > platform for moving cars from one part of the shed to another.
> > >
> > > Traverser.
> >

> > That's it. Just an electric motor, easy to drive.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/