Re: SLR pictures for December

In article <F8666.2238$mO2.8307@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Yes!  all speed limits are monitored by the ATP (Automatic Tram/Train
tram
> will reach that speed but the brakes must then be immediatley applied
for
> the exit.  It is much better to accelerate to the high 60s and coast
before
> appling the brakes for the exit, there are stops at both exits. The
speed
> limit through all stops and walkways is only 20km/h.  If you stand at
the
> cab door you can watch the ATP screen and the changing speed limits
and the
> additional information given by this system, i.e. distance to next
change of
> speed limit and the limit.  If the driver has not turned down the
volume you
> will hear the system beeps, first beep = coast, second beep = brake,
i.e.
> the driver is to apply the brakes, however if he/she doesn't the ATP
will
> apply the emergency brakes complete with track brake application.
>
> Ted

Gosh, sounds very smart! I remember in Melbourne when the Port and
South Melbourne lines were converted to light rail (allowing the trams
to travel quickly free of other road traffic), it wasn't long before
there was a nasty rear-end collision between two trams.  I presume your
ATP system on the SLR would prevent that sort of thing happening.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/