Re: Near miss at Victoria (London)

On the 1st point I thought you needed to "excite" the motors to commence
regen..  Therefore if there is no external supply can you commence regen.
braking?

As for the other 2 points they were just suggestions.  The input of anyone
with techo knowledge would be appreciated.

Chris

jjjim <jjjim@bigpond.com> wrote in message
3A59BE2C.758A4B7E@bigpond.com">news:3A59BE2C.758A4B7E@bigpond.com...
> Regnot sure what your saying,  but  Regen braking uses power in cases i know
of,
> specially in AC ,  but even DC motors can use reverse current instead .
on the
> EMUs  the emergency break almost  shorts the DC motors apparently (according
> afriend who works at QR)  and the resitor glows red hot hehe
>
> Chris Downs wrote:
>
> > What stops the train from producing a current from regen. braking?  Regen.
is