Re: Picton-Mittagong Loop Line Re-opens?

In article <3A59B606.3BAA7149@ozemail.com.au>,
David Johnson  <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>petercook2705@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>> IIRC they said they wanted to restore a main line engine (a 35 I
>> think), convert it to oil burning and use it on both main line tours
>> and also on the loop line.
>
>The owner of the loco might not like it being converted to an oil burner.

 I gather from the member newsletters that its a given that the 35 will
return to traffic as an oil burner, with a tank sitting in the coal bunker.

 The reasom being simple economics, if the loco can be 'refueled' at any
depot or from road tanker, its usefulness is enhanced.

 The modification would not change the locomotive permanently, the tank
to be able to be easly lifted out, and the oil jets easly removed from
the firebox, so the loco can be restored to 'historical' condition relatively
easly.