Re: Picton-Mittagong Loop Line Re-opens?

In article <gQL66.182028$IP1.6621366@news1.giganews.com>,
Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>"Matthew Geier" <matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
>93b9ai$2li$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au">news:93b9ai$2li$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au...
>
>>  Yea, all the steamers are stuffed, and with the threat of firebans
>> they figure its best not to run. If enough people turn up on a Sunday
>> I belive they will fire up a diesel and run to Buxton, but only on
>> demand.
>
>Sounds like a good way to encourage visitors and generate goodwill "Sorry,
>we won't run a train today, not enough of you to make it worth our while." -
>NOT.

 Steam ranger almost did that to me, I turned up at Mt Barker for their
'Junction Jogger' and they almost canceled. 10 minutes past the scheduled
departure another 4 people showed and a local offed jump on for the ride
and buy a ticket, they decided they had the numbers and ran to Mt Barker
Junction. It was getting close to a ride up to the turntable only for me....