Re: Picton-Mittagong Loop Line Re-opens?

"Chris" <chrisc@fl.net.au> wrote:

> It seems that the RTM have no operational steam till march. As their loco
> (only one?) is under repair.

We turned up on Sunday December 31st, to find the place shut tight.

Since we were in the vicinity anyway, we called into the local tourist
information spots who advised us that as far as they knew, since it
was Sunday, the RTM should be open, an dthere wa snothing in the
tourist brochure about it not being open on New Years Eve.

Several other cars pulled up at he gates, then drove off while we were
peeking through.  I wonder how many others were caught out by RTMs
poor communication with the tourist info centres?!?

The one piece of info we did pick up form the signs at the closed RTM
was that indeed, steam operation wasn't planned to commence again
until March.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton