Re: [Melb] Removal of trams effect business

David McLoughlin <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
article <3a5c0aa7@news.iprolink.co.nz>:

>We are not talking rocket science here. The Ws braked safely for
>decades.

The rocket science here is the bottom line. Apparently no-one other than
the bean counters understand it. I assume that in bean-counter language,
it's more expensive to pay one person (the pit man, sorry, pit person [PC])
for example $40,000 per year, than it is to spend many hundreds of
thousands up front in modifying brake systems to do what they could do
before.

That said, I saw a very quick glimpse of what looked like brand new
(or heavily modified) bogies sitting next to and under one W at Preston
Workshops about a month and a half ago. [Being in a car, it's a bit hard to
take too much notice].

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME