Re: Welshpool to Port Welshpool NG

Troy,

As "B" has already told you there were four rail vehicles on this railway.
Two were (I think) the main equipment, passenger come goods vehicles with
longitudinal bench seats for the passengers, a forward facing front seat for
the driver and alike.  The other two I believe, were goods trailers for
attachment behind one of the passenger/goods vehicles.

I think the line primarily carried produce (fish) from Pt Welshpool jetty up
to the main, as well as general inwards goods and the occasional (brave)
passenger.  I believe construction was in steel rails on wooden ties.

"B" is also correct in saying that you need a copy of "Speed Limit 20" which
has a one page installment on this line's history.  The book was published
about thirty years ago and is rare.  I've only ever found one good/mint copy
for sale about ten tears ago and didn't purchase due to the excessive
(absolutely enormous!!) price.  However, I'm kicking myself now about this
decision.

The "Weekly Notice Extracts" book published by Keith Lambert and Alan
Jungwirth (dec), hereafter called the "Jungways", makes reference to the
line under "Port Welshpool Tramway" and also under the entry for the
safeworking location "Welshpool" (the BG station on the Port Albert line).

I did tramp over the line about 10 or 15 years ago.  There is very little to
see nowadays.  I have a vague recollection of minor signs of formation
(earthworks) across paddocks, in some places only (otherwise ploughed in &
vanished), and of at least one culvert (remains).  I might ask my much more
historically minded companion on that journey.  His brain cells have been
less degraded than mine by any close association with a good friend called
Dan Murphy.  "The Job" drives us all to it eventually!

At Welshpool the narrow gauge "yard" (if you can call it that) was, I
believe, on the north side of the BG main.  The NG crossed the BG at grade
and Jungways makes reference to this (the WN numbers are the weekly notice