Re: Welshpool to Port Welshpool NG

Troy <omeo27@hotmail.com> wrote in message
eCY66.539$aQ1.22778@ozemail.com.au">news:eCY66.539$aQ1.22778@ozemail.com.au...

> I remember reading somewhere that there was a Narrow Gauge
> Railway between Welshpool & Port Welshpool.  Only 5km long but
> I thought I remember reading that it was of the 2'6" gauge.
> i.e. same as the 4 Narrow Guage Railways in Vic.

> Does anyone know if ever an NA locomotive was ever assigned to
> this railway?

It was a bit of a one off, as it was a horse drawn tramway,
operated by the VR.  The vehicles were little 4 wheel critters.

> Anyone with any information on this?

There is a bit on it in a long out of print book "Speed Limit 20".
This book however is as rare as hens teeth these days.

I'm sure someone else will have some gen...

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
Phone - long, short, long, long.