Re: [NSW] Grafton XPT catches fire.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:26:36 GMT, maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:

>To all

(snip)

Ummmmm  I think they report wrong..... the train in trouble today was
NT4. Units 2017 and 2008.. 2017 had failed ( new engine, so no one
knows why) seems to be a fire around the compressor room of 2017

>On Tuesday the SAME XPT set was delayed at Central station (Grafton
>XPT) because of the Motor problem. they had to call technicians down to
>Central from somewhere which delayed it for more that an hour or two.
> I was there and I did get pictures.
>If I have a clear memory, the problem car was 2005.
>Also had got a cab of 2005 from the open door with Authority
>supervision.

No not quite right..... The units on NT26 today were 2018 and 2009,
both with the new engines in them

Cheers
Jack