Re: [VIC]outer loop line?

In article <j0Q66.52956$xW4.422543@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:
> That's the Inner Circle. It went through North Carlton to just north
of
> Royal Park, with a branch to North Fitzroy. You can still see bits of
level
> crossings in North Carlton.

Last night I was thinking of if this line still exist today, would it
attract any passengers at all? Since most passengers travelling between
Brunswick and Northcote Preston and Coburg. These routes already serve
by frequent buses rather then change at Rushall and Royal Park.
Passengers lives around Carlton and Fitzory would be better of
travelling on trams(96/86/11) and buses(252/252). All the stations on
the inner city circle are way too far from popular resturant district.

> The Outer Circle went the other way, branching off the Hurstbridge
line near
> Fairfield Park, through East Kew, to where the Alamein line is now,
then
> through to Oakleigh.

This line if still exist today maybe well patronage as passengers in Kew
will get faster and more reliable train services.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com