Re: [Melb] Batchelor says W-class trams to be back asap

In article <3a62834e@news.iprolink.co.nz>, David McLoughlin <davemcl@NO*
**damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> writes
>Ian Jelf wrote:
>>
>> In article <3a5ff99e@news.iprolink.co.nz>, David McLoughlin <davemcl@NO*
>> **damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> writes
>> >The news media reports I read suggest strongly that none of the
>> >journalists who write about these things know anything about trams.
>> >
>> >Can't someone contact one of these ignorant reporters and tell them
>> >what's what?
>>
>> Is there not jut an opening for you in Melbourne here, David?   :-)
>

>The problem is, Ian, that my family refuse to shift. They are too well
>settled here, all being Auckland born.

Location isn't everything these days, though, is ti?

You can write sensible, balanced, accurate copy in your living room in
Auckland and have it popping up seconds late on monitors at "The Age",
the ABC, 7, 9, 10 SBS, whatever!

Just a thought!   :-)

(The fact that *I* can post with any knowledge on subjects ranging from
the 42/109 to Mont Albert to the existence of HSV-7 without ever having
set foot in Australia is a testament to that sort of thing, surely?!)
--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, UK