Re: Regents Park / Potts Hill Branch Line

johnmac> The line crossed Amy st just west of the Hotel after runningup beside
johnmac> the Park that is opposite the Hotel and Shops.

Another way of describing it is that it ran up the embankment on the eastern
side of the station, crossed Amy St roughly where the current pedestrian
crossing is, through what is now a car park, joined Water Board land just
behind the Post Office and then followed the pipeline into Potts Hill.

johnmac> I'm pretty sure the line was still there into the 70's but no don't
johnmac> someone can set us straight on that.

Almost everything had been removed by the time I started showing an interest
in trains (in 1972, age 5).  However, the bridge across the goods line
remained until the early 80s, and made an excellent short cut to school and/or
place to drop rocks on passing trains, depending on one's mood.

Malcolm