Re: Regents Park / Potts Hill Branch Line

maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:

I've been noted from a good and smart Chap at ARHS/nsw Resource Centre
one time that the branch line was linked to a nearby Water Board Depot?
The line was owned by NSWGR but transported employees of the Water
Board there.
The Line had ran off to the east, just before Regents Park Station and
somewhere passing, if I have a bad memory, Amy St.

The line was lifted somewhere in the 60's (1964?)

Hope any of this helps, any of it incorrect can someone correct me.
Also, does anyone know if this branch has any remains til this day?

I can quite vividly remember Standards Goods engines Shunting the Potts Hill Branch
and also Crossing Park Rd to go to the RAAF base and other sidings.

The Pumping station at Potts Hill was coal fired and was supplied by rail.
The line crossed Amy st just west of the Hotel after runningup beside the Park
that is opposite the Hotel and Shops.

Interestingly my brother had his first car crash in park rd Regents park when
he ran into a train that was being shunted across Amy st.
I think he ran into the side of an S truck.

I'm pretty sure the line was still there into the 70's but no don't someone
can set us straight on that.