Re: Chifley engine wait

This locomotive must be saved and restored to running condition irrespective
of cost.
Maybe if we lobby the likes EDI may help, when they were Clyde they were
very sympathetic to the restoration of 1st generation diesels.
After all wasn`t this locomotive was manufactured by Clyde Engineering?
"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
hLP86.55$D86.3169@news0.optus.net.au">news:hLP86.55$D86.3169@news0.optus.net.au...
> The fate of an historic steam engine driven by former Prime Minister
> Ben Chifley rests on the results of a report ordered by Bathurst City
> Council. The engine was transported to Bathurst from Orange in March
> last year and a $17,000 bill for its removal sent to the Canobolas
> Heritage Railway Society.

http://bathurst.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&story_
id=14998&category=general%20news