Re: Timetable tweaks endorse travel in the slow(er) lane

"James C." <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
946kas$smd$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:946kas$smd$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> I also doubt the performance route 8 and 69. Apart from removal of W
> class, I found it hard to believe these 2 routes performed the worst.
>
> Toorak road and Chapel street are really not much busier then Brunswick

69 is Glenferrie Road, not Chapel Street.

> Street(route 11, one of the best performer), Burke Street/Smith
> Street/High Street/Plenty Road(route 86), Flinder Street(48/75), and
> Collin St/Victoria Pde(109). I don't see why Swanston trams can't lift
> its performance.

Off the top of my head... don't Smith and Brunswick Streets have tram lanes
in operation during peak hours? Toorak & Chapel Streets and Glenferrie Road
don't.

I used to walk along Toorak Road between South Yarra Station and Punt Road
in peak hour, and walking is faster than taking the tram or being in a car
in the morning peak.

Bourke Street, Flinders Street, Collins, Victoria Pde all have permanent
tram lanes.

But yes, Swanston needs to lift their game. If lack of tram lanes is a
problem, they should be lobbying for them.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au