Re: [NSW] RSA takes two weeks to repair broken points on CityRail line

<SNIP>

> Now I doubt that Alstom are using any special magical techniques on their
> repair work, but it is a bit quicker than 2 weeks! I think that there is
no
> real incentive for RSA/SRA to get the points fixed as the Carlingford line
> seems to be the joke of the Cityrail system (well from a Mexican's POV
> anyway). Perhaps if Cityrail were fined for poor service/no service (like
> the wonderful Victorian method) we would se some improvements!! I am now
> donning my flame proof suit before I say: Perhaps what Cityrail needs, is
> good dose of privitisation!
>
> Sam

Look what has happened here in the UK. Railtrack is fined for poor records &
thats passed onto the TOC's but we have had to wait until an actual accident
was not to be blamed on a driver before anything was done.

Unprivateise the lot. Bring it back under Government control. If it is to be
privateised then there should be no listing on the stock market.

Thats my 2cents (or penny now) worth

Skippy

PS: Can't wait t get back for some decent trains. Even if it is for only 2
weeks of cityrail & 5 days of Trans Adelaide. OH no... trams YUK! lol