Re: Spam - Snow white

"David McLoughlin" <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
message 3a694586@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3a694586@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > I would also recommend getting some virus scanning software.
>
> Holy hell, Daniel, anyone connected to the Net should have been using
> anti-virus programs for years. I got my first in 1996. I'm sure you did
> too, if not earlier.

Should have - yes. Alas, it's quite clear from the posts I'm seeing, and the
fact that this virus is spreading, that many people are not.

> I now use Norton. It seems fairly good, I have never had a virus problem
> on my home computer thanks to it. At work it was another story the other

I use Vet, and haven't had any problems with it. It appears to be one of a
handful of virus scanners that rates for 100% detection of known viruses in
the wild - see http://www.virusbtn.com/100/

> week when some worm Norton didn't know of spread through the company
> email system (yeah, Outlook) despite the company using Norton.

Unfortunately too many companies fail to update their virus definitions
regularly.

ObAus.rail - Vet (now owned by Computer Associates) are based in Glen Iris,
Melbourne, near the terminus of the 6   :-)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au