Re: [NSW] Picture taking at stations (Please Read)

Andy B (gunzel0@optushome.com.au) wrote:
> <maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 94bkjs$6af$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:94bkjs$6af$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > The serious note, Do we require this "letter of condolence" just to
> > have a hobby like this, or were those Penrith Staff just talking c**p
> > to me?!?
> > If this permission thing is true........(I'll let ausrailer's discuss)

> Provided you have a valid ticket permitting you on to the platform (if
> required), and you are not in a restricted area, you are more than welcome
> to take as many photos as you like.

> The only time you would be restricted from taking a photograph is when an
> accident has occured and there has been a fatality.

> However, if asked why you are taking photo's by an employee, you are
> required to explain why.  They don't know why you are there.  For all they
> know, you could be planning a terrorist attack.

I have only been challenged twice, once at Roma St and once at Maitland.

The Maitland incident deserves a mention, since I was waiting for NR4 on
its first test run. I heard a half hearted "Can I help you there mate?"
from behind me. I just happened to be wearing a Goninan cap, so when the
CityRail person saw it an my camera, and NR4 coming around the corner from
Telarah, he just said "never mind".

Cheers
David