Re: [SYD] Central Yard signal SY54

Quakers Hill is now LED's, and Riverstone has the same as the new
Blacktown/Hornsby ones, and I have a feeling that the Richmond line is now
controlled from Blacktown?? (Rivo signal box is no longer in use...)

!@#$%^&*()
Paul Jones

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
Brya6.2028$cF2.46382@ozemail.com.au">news:Brya6.2028$cF2.46382@ozemail.com.au...
> > Damien George <damiengeorge@one.net.au> wrote in message
> > 3A6A28E9.B0C6F186@one.net.au">news:3A6A28E9.B0C6F186@one.net.au...
>
> <snip>
>
> > The signals within the Strathfeild/Lidcombe area do not have low
> > speed indications that are seperate from the bottom head. ALL
> > signals within this area that have low speed indications on them form
> > part of the main head i.e. the fourth light on the bottom head. The
> > additional lamp below the main heads on these signals are call-on
> > indications and not low speeds as first thought.
>
> There are numerous signals on all 4 western lines between Homebush and
> Lidcombe that have separate low speed indicators (post and gantry mounted
but
> all autos from memory).  Some are converted "close up" indicators with the
> close up sign removed, others have had a low speed inicator added.  The
> easiest signals to check are the up signals at Flemington station, both
main
> and suburban.
>
> These signals (the type) appear to be part of a semaphore replacement
> program/new works that occurred across the 70s(?).  The signal type has
the
> rounded (ends) and flared lens covers and can also be found at Quakers
Hill,