Re: [NSW] Picture taking at stations (Please Read)

maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:

> ---------------
> (The Main part)
> ---------------
>
> Just after pressing the shutter, I switched off my camera and put the
> lens cap on, an Indian Cityrail station staff walked up to me and asked
> "Why did you take the picture for?"
> I then replied by explaining "I'm a railway enthusiast, and taking
> pictures of trains is my hobby"
> She then replied saying that "I had to have permission from the State
> Rail Authority to take pictures in the premesis" (!!!!!)
>
> She then led me to the Station Master's office at Penrith Station and
> then I inquired about the picture taking.
>
> "Yes, you must have permission from State Rail to take pics on the
> grounds, as a letter of condolence" the Station Master said firmly.
> Completely shocked, I then explained myself, my interests and hobby
> (photography) but he kept the Permission explanation.

Pfff! Permission! I have taken many a photo at Penrith and have not been
hassled by the staff. Or anywhere else for that matter.

You were in possession of a valid ticket, so I don't see a problem there
- it's not like you were trespassing or anything.

BTW, http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=condolence

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au