Re: [General] Rules & Regulations under privatization

runaway wrote:

> "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A6D8B2C.6B97CC88@ozemail.com.au">news:3A6D8B2C.6B97CC88@ozemail.com.au...
> > robson wrote:
> >
> > > The NSW Department of Transport issues Certifates of Competancy to any
> > > employees passed to carry out rail safety work.
> >
> > Hahahahahahaha!!!   I've been driving for a year now, and still haven't
> got
> > one of these magical certificates of competency.
>
> Looks like you will be getting relieved if a DOT inspector asks you to
> produce your C of C. Maybe you should refuse to drive until you get one. I
> assume you don't drive your car without your licence...

Why?   The only information I have is printed in the OMET book.   OMET 104
states:

"Under the provisions of the Rail Safety Act 1993, Part 2 Division 2, the
N.S.W. Department Of Transport has directed that all CityRail train drivers be
issued with a "Certficate of competency".

"The Certificate of competency" will be current for a period of 2 years and
will be reviewed when renewal is due, before the expiry date indicated on the
certificate.

"The certificate will indicate the employee's current:

"    safeworking accreditation certification

"    authority to operate various types of traction

"    authority to haul or operate various types of rollingstock

"    road knowledge certification.

"Drivers who hold a Certificate of competency, must be able to produce the
certificate when requested."

As I do not hold a certificate of competency, I am not required to be able to
produce one.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au