Re: [General] Rules & Regulations under privatization

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3A6D9720.696CBDDC@ozemail.com.au">news:3A6D9720.696CBDDC@ozemail.com.au...
> runaway wrote:
>
> > "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > 3A6D8B2C.6B97CC88@ozemail.com.au">news:3A6D8B2C.6B97CC88@ozemail.com.au...

> > > Hahahahahahaha!!!   I've been driving for a year now, and still
haven't
> > got
> > > one of these magical certificates of competency.
> >
> > Looks like you will be getting relieved if a DOT inspector asks you to
> > produce your C of C. Maybe you should refuse to drive until you get one.
> > assume you don't drive your car without your licence...
>
> Why?   The only information I have is printed in the OMET book.   OMET 104
> states:
>
> "Under the provisions of the Rail Safety Act 1993, Part 2 Division 2, the
> N.S.W. Department Of Transport has directed that all CityRail train
drivers be
> issued with a "Certficate of competency".
>
> "The Certificate of competency" will be current for a period of 2 years
and
> will be reviewed when renewal is due, before the expiry date indicated on
the
> certificate.
>
> "The certificate will indicate the employee's current:
>
> "    safeworking accreditation certification
>
> "    authority to operate various types of traction
>
> "    authority to haul or operate various types of rollingstock
>
> "    road knowledge certification.
>
> "Drivers who hold a Certificate of competency, must be able to produce the
> certificate when requested."
>

> As I do not hold a certificate of competency, I am not required to be able
> produce one.

As you do not hold a certificate of competency, you are not required (or
allowed!) to drive trains.

The C of C you are required to carry is just a credit card sized card. The
documentation lodged with DOT indicates your qualifications (if any). All
that is on the front of the card is your designation, employer, name,
employee number, the words "Certified for qualified functions only", and the
expiry date (mine expires on my birthday in 2003).

On the back of the card is "This certification is issued by the Director
General under the provisions of Part 2 Division 2 of the Rail Safety Act
1993. A person holding this certificate must produce it when requested by an
appropriately authorised officer".

No card, no drive.

runaway.