Re: Qld election

David Bromage wrote:

> RT (r.thomas@cqu.edu.au) wrote:
> > David Bromage wrote:
> > >
> > > Hot off the press, Queensland will go to the polls on 17 February.
> > >
> > > Hopefully the banana benders in the newsgroup will let us know if any pork
> > > barreling for rail is announced during the campaign.
>
> > Well, we'll be trying to screw some more $s out of everyone for the new
> > CRC :-)
>
> CRCs are federally funded.

Nope.   They are PARTIALLY federally funded.

Of the approx 50M for the rail one so far, only 11.2M is from the feds.

The fed funding gives the "good housekeeping seal of approval" and is
seed funding.   Q state financially assisted the application for said
approval, but is not (yet :-) a participant.