Re: [VICTORIA] Student Concession questions

You're exactly right Stacy, if you put down a genuine school name and get
the pass stamped by that school, you are able to defraud the system and
obtain a concession pass as a teriary student (or adult for that matter).

This is what a number of my friends did when they started at university.
Some dressed back up in their old school uniforms and went to their school
to get a stamp. In most cases the stamping is done by administration staff
who are unlikely to know any of the students.

Some schools though do actually check for current identity before stamping
the card, however there are several schools which don't and so as the word
got out people would turn up at other schools where their identity was not
checked.

Although I am not a fan of blatantly abusing the system like this, I know
some of these people were not exactly well off for cash at the time and I
don't believe that they should have had to pay the exorbitant price that a
tertiary concession card costs.

Ross

94onm9$smh$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:94onm9$smh$1@nnrp1.deja.com...