Re: 5 Dead in XPT accident

jjjim@bigpond.com (jjjim) wrote in <3A72D84C.9F2DFE4E@bigpond.com>:

>Thats shocking, a full car  ,  Spare a  thought for the pasangers and
>the possibly stupid driver ,  (wat the F was the driver doing on the
>track? )  I guess the status of the boom gate will determin that.

It's a major highway (Olympic Highway) and there is no boomgate. Only
lights and bells.

Standing at a level crossing in Bombo on Friday, I witnessed 6 cars
blatantly ignore the lights and bells of the level crossing in one
direction alone. Those who cause such accidents (usually the car and truck
drivers on the level crossing at the time) are very irresponsible. Common
sense would dictate that you stop at a level crossing with the lights and
bells running.

The selfish driver in this case killed his four passengers and most likely
caused irrepairable emotional scarring for the driver of the XPT and the
often unheard emergency services who have to clean up the mess afterwards.

Incidents like this make the news, but people still don't heed the
warnings. Red lights mean stop. If people really are ignorant as to the
danger, which seems to be the case, then everyone MUST be educated.

My sympathy goes out to the the driver of the train, the families of those
killed in the accident and the emergency services who had to clean up the
mess.

Regards,
Michael
--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".