Re: On The Beach

David Bromage wrote:

> David McLoughlin (davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz) wrote:

> The best part about the remake is is..... the soundtrack is not 149
> variations on Walzing Matilda!

Oh, that's a pity. I thought the way they played Waltzing Matilda as a
dirge was quite good.

> > Are there trams in it?  There were lots in the original.
>
> Yes, there was an SW6 in Spencer St(?). It was running wrong line to give
> a better shot.

Surely so Americans would not be confused by seeing something on the
"wrong" side of the road?

Just a single SW6?  They have all been off the road since, when, last
March? Was it specially chartered or something?

IIRC the original (which I haven't seen for 20 years) had lots of W5s in
Elizabeth Street.

The science in the original film and Neville Shute's book was crap
though. Northern Hemisphere nuclear radiation wouldn't have drifted
south like that. Has it been updated to take account of real-life wind
currents etc?

Thanks.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand