Re: Airport line

> I had only good experiences with the airport line last week when I was
> in Sydney, except for the hole in my wallet it left. Got off the plane
> at 11:20, walked straight through the terminal (Qantas) down through
> the luggage collection (didnt have any checked luggage though)and down
> into the Domestic terminal station. I bought a ticket ,went down to
the
> platform and an s set had just pulled in,

I had a different experience on 27/12 last year. I took the first
flight from Mel-Syd arrived at 730(First time in 2 years I acutllay fly
to Sydney!! ),went  down stair and found both platforms are pretty much
empty ( <<5 people included me). The plasma screen showed there will be
a train coming in 3 minutes but did not show the departure time. And it
keep showing 3 minutes for the next 10-15 minutes!

Why aren't those plasma screens on platform show the actual departure
time? (like those OUTSIDE the station?)

> Almost as streamlined on the way home, I had a lateish flight back to
> melbourne so I had time to watch the XPT bound for melbourne leave
(all
> I could think was "suckers")

Not many people fly that day(40-50% full),but XPT was, perhaps they all
seen the movie "Met the Parents? " :-)

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin